Emulator tutorial..?

Present yourself, make suggestions, tell what you think of the project, ask your general questions
Jjoony

Emulator tutorial..?

Post by Jjoony »

I got mine yesterday(finally!!) and installed OS. It was too late so I couldn't play around too long but it looks OK.
I tried to add one MAME rom. I am new to these things and I have no idea how to do it so I searched a while and found that they say add roms to arcade folder.
I have downloaded some MAME FULL ROM SET and tried yo copy just one game for the test...
I launched MAME and found the rom that I just copied is in the list...but it failed to launch..saying there's some error.
Could anybody direct me to correct path/? Any link, or proper search keyword would be OK.
I tried to searcj orangepi forum, but there are too many sibjects and I can't figure out..
txcforever

Re: Emulator tutorial..?

Post by txcforever »

The device uses a older version of MAME that required specific rom versions to work. You will need to find MAME 0.78 roms (you can find them relatively easy online without even delving into any dangerous territories) and you need to put them into a MAME 2003 folder. After doing that everything will play just fine.
Jjoony

Post by Jjoony »

txcforever wrote: Sat 8 Sep 2018 17:28 The device uses a older version of MAME that required specific rom versions to work. You will need to find MAME 0.78 roms (you can find them relatively easy online without even delving into any dangerous territories) and you need to put them into a MAME 2003 folder. After doing that everything will play just fine.
Hi. Thanks for the help. I finally managed to run with 0.78 roms!!
txcforever

Post by txcforever »

Good to know man. I would still love to see some roms that aren't compatible with 0.78 (World Rally is mah jam) but the later MAME versions are probably too heavy for this device (even though I used to have them on my puny Xperia Play 5 years ago with no issues, which if I'm not mistaken has less power than this).