Other software on RetroStone?

Present yourself, make suggestions, tell what you think of the project, ask your general questions
radiowaves

Other software on RetroStone?

Post by radiowaves »

So far, has any of you had any luck trying out other software on RetroStone besides emulators and such? Even some different OS?

One of the reasons I got this device was to experiment a bit on writing my own midi-controller. Running a program that reacts to buttons and spits out midi through USB (there needs to be a midi-box in between).

Maybe I am writing this in wrong forum, but I guess it is worth putting it out here:

Is it possible to add other programs in the RetrOrangePi menu, like pure data, and select patches from the list?
Once I get it in there I can program PD to start everything else necessary. I am experienced in making PD patches but not done much programming/customization outside it. Any advice?

I guess I need to know what hid number the buttons run on and what are the labels/id-s to read off?
harvey

Re: Other software on RetroStone?

Post by harvey »

The RetroStone is based on the OrangePi board. So, it stands to reason it's compatible with numerous OS.
http://www.orangepi.org/downloadresources/