Here's the list of issues I faced with the new Full version:
- I tried 3 times to format and flash an SD card (yes, with the correct tools) and all 3 times it failed to boot from the first launch. However just turning it off and on again surprisingly resulted in a correct system installation.
One of those 3 failures I had with an HDMI TV connected, please see the photo with some logs: http://take.ms/0HRgG
- In general I have an impression (same for Slim, Full beta and Full release), that for me trying to launch the device for the first time after a while is most likely to fail. And vice versa - when I already use it for a couple of hours, it starts booting with 100% success rate.
It makes me thinking that there's a hardware issue that stops reproducing as soon as the board warms up.
- Sometimes disconnecting USB devices (as keyboard or WiFi dongle) causes the whole system to freeze.
- Power button doesn't shutdown even if it's set to shutdown. It still just reboots.
- Keymapping is really messed up, for some reason it's different in every new system version, and every time it's really a challenge to set it up correctly for every core, since button names in Retroarch settings have nothing to do with the actual buttons of Retrostone. Sometimes it's not even possible to select Retrostone keypad as a default controller, and after remapping some buttons you realize that none of your buttons work anymore, since it has mistakenly saved a wrong controller type in Retroarch core remappings.
- Scraper neither worked in beta, nor it works in the release. Just keeps loading something endlessly.
I have also posted this at OrangePi forum, hopefully it somehow helps them to fix the issues.