HDMI Out

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RetroStone
dr_bunsen

HDMI Out

Post by dr_bunsen »

HDMI out seems to provide an additional console screen showing Linux booting up etc and doesn't mirror what is on the console screen. How do we use HDMI out to output the actual screen image?
Admin
Administrateur du site

Re: HDMI Out

Post by Admin »

Check out the explanations in the tutorial :
https://www.8bcraft.com/Retrostone-tutorial/
Stale

Post by Stale »

I get the same thing, I do not have “audio/video selector” under the “retrorangepi” option. What is the correct procedure to get the output to HDMI? Have tried with three different screens.
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

Retrorangepi devs changed the pathway, I just updated the correct pathway in the tutorial!
Darkam

Post by Darkam »

Salut Pierre,

I don't have the same menu as you. Got the latest version (4.2 "slim") but when I click on "Start" button I don't have the same options.

This is what I read on your tutorial page :

Go to emulation station main menu.
In the emulator selection page, go to the emulator “retropie”,
Select “retrorangepi”,
then “Bashtool”
then “tool”
then “run”.
Then select the “HDMI”

The "Select" button only works to configure options linked to the selected emulator

I'm a bit lost, thanks for your help ! :)

Edit : found it, never realize there was also options between emulators ;)
Last edited by Darkam on Mon 27 Aug 2018 22:21, edited 1 time in total.
Darkam Onikaiju, fan de bornes d'arcade.
jutleys

Post by jutleys »

Is there anyway possible to swap the signals so the LCD can use the digital signal and hdmi can use the analog signal?
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

jutleys wrote: Sun 26 Aug 2018 19:35 Is there anyway possible to swap the signals so the LCD can use the digital signal and hdmi can use the analog signal?
It is possible to make a module to reroot the HDMI to the LCD with a HDMI-> RGB24 chip, but that needs some heavy modding. Another backer told me he will look into it.

Reroot the composite to HDMI that's a good question. Maybe there are chip that can do that.

In both cases that would mean making a PCB design, soldering components, firmware writing (to match LCD specs). That's some really heavy modding
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I tested the HDMI Out in the new full version. I choosed option 1 with HDMI (can't read the full entry because the screen is so small). There's also an option 2 with HDMI...
After reboot the RetroStone does not start anymore and i had to reflash my sdcard :-(
JohnnyPi

Post by JohnnyPi »

When outputting to hdmi is the screen always supposed to be on/white on the Retrostone? Is there a way to have it turned off? Kinda of wondering about screen burn in on the device. Thanks! Enjoying the handheld very much!
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

@Daniel you have a rescue button (the button on top of LCD control buttton) if your device is stuck in HDMI or another mod.

If stuck, wait for 3-5 minutes until the unit fully booted. Then press the rescue button. It should switch back to LCD and reboot.

The 2. is HDMI without audio I think, I'll need to double check that out.

@JohnnyPi yes LCD will stay on unfortunately