Any alternative operating systems?

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RetroStone
jgsanders

Any alternative operating systems?

Post by jgsanders »

I tried using the RetroStone Pi operating system that was "specially created" for the RetroStone, but it is an extremely frustrating operating system so far - wifi doesn't work, default theme has an unreadable font size, cannot auto transfer roms to the SD card from a USB drive, etc. And as of the time of this post, the RetroStone Pi image is not even available for download through the Retrorangepi website.

This is disappointing since we spent so much money to back the RetroStone project on kickstarter, yet the operating system fails in so many ways.

Does anyone have suggestions on alternative operating systems that will work for the RetroStone? Perhaps one of the other (better) versions of Retrorangepi?

Thanks in advance!
Admin
Administrateur du site

Re: Any alternative operating systems?

Post by Admin »

So far there isn't. However retrorangepi regular version should release soon. Most likely this week.
srusoff@gmail.com

H3 Operating Systems

Post by srusoff@gmail.com »

Just being curious will I be able to use an OS other than Retrorange Pi, how would I get the OS's for Orange Pi Zero Plus2 H3 to work:

Here is the link:
http://www.orangepi.org/downloadresources/

I am looking to get Raspbian Desktop to load

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

'
srusoff@gmail.com

Post by srusoff@gmail.com »

What about the OS's for the Orange PI that use the H3 processor

http://www.orangepi.org/downloadresources/

scroll down to this section Orange Pi Zero Plus2 H3 and there are several OS's to choose from including Raspbian Desktop.

Thanks,
Scott
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

You can use such of course, but you would need to do some modification.
I would use the "orangepi pc+" as a base as the boards have much in common.

Then you'll need to modify the script.bin to adapt it to the retrostone. And by default it will boot on HDMI so you'll need to update so it boot on LCD (if you want to)