Screen issue

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RetroStone
Dan5582

Screen issue

Post by Dan5582 »

I just received my retrostore and set up. I am having an issue where after about ten minutes of playing the screen starts to look like a vhs tracking issue. The screen gets worst and will go blank while I can still hear the game sound. Please help?
Brandon

Re: Screen issue

Post by Brandon »

Dan5582,

Could you record a short video of this happening, upload to YouTube, and post a link here?
outz

Post by outz »

i have the exact issue. for me, it seems to happen when the second battery pip lights up. (30 mins playing or so)

here is a video that should show you what we're talking about.

https://i.outz.com/9697252ae2a67b4de1c1.mp4
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

This happens when the battery is very low and unit is about to turn off. The second LED means battery is low.

Can you try charging the unit and repport if problem persist?
outz

Post by outz »

ah ok - thanks, that makes sense.

there are what looks to be 4 led's on the front/left of the screen. i assumed 100% at the top, 75 2nd, 50 3rd, 25 4th, then thought maybe it would flash or something when that one got low.
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

I wanted to do such LED pattern but could not with the current charging system.
So it's like this :

LED1 : unit ON
LED2: Battery low
LED3: charging
LED4: charge done
cosmic_soup

Post by cosmic_soup »

I'm having the exact same problem. It has happened twice already, and one of those times I was playing while charging.... I hope there is nothing wrong with the screen itself.

It's not the only issue however - sometimes I have to reboot 3 or 4 times because the screen gets stuck (white and blue screen flickering)

I think the product is fantastic, and I really want to love it, but right now it has given me more frustration than joy.

What should I do?
CleanLivingMD

Post by CleanLivingMD »

Admin wrote: Wed 22 Aug 2018 13:51 I wanted to do such LED pattern but could not with the current charging system.
So it's like this :

LED1 : unit ON
LED2: Battery low
LED3: charging
LED4: charge done
When the charge is full, does LED4 light up with LED3 still on? That's how mine works after 14 hours of charging. I found the LED Status definitions for the Raspiboy in the assembly tutorial (after some searching) and it says:

LED1 ON : System ON
LED2 ON : low battery
LED3 ON LED4 ON/OFF : battery charging
LED3 OFF LED4 ON : charge done

LED3 on my Retrostone does not turn off after charging overnight. Are they different for Retrostone and Raspiboy?
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

On RetroStone LED3 stays ON when unit is charged indeed.

So full charge = LED3 and LED4 ON.
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

@Cosmic_soup Wasn't it happening when battery was low?
Even if it's charging, if battery is almost empty you'll have this behaviour until it charged a bit.

Also it might happens if you have USB devices that needs too much power. Did you had any USB devices connected?