Website Orders

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RetroStone
Beads3

Website Orders

Post by Beads3 »

So there is a lot going on with all this and everyone is scrambling trying to figure out the setup process... I get it. Ill make this short and sweet.

For what I would imagine the majority of the orders were from the website. This is considering I am order #2964 and I ordered on the 19 of May. But as of now there are a large number of kickstarter backers that have yet to receive a shipping number. So my burning question is this:

Realistically, when will website orders begin to be fulfilled? The 8bcraft website states: "Please note that this is PRE ORDER open after the Kickstarter campaign has finished. If you pre-order now we should ship it around the 20th of August!" But this cannot be true judging from what I read on the forums and kickstarter comments. I am patient and understand we as website orderers are not priority, however I would just like a real ballpark on when I can expect my unit will be ready. I don't mean to be a nuisance and add to all the chaos of flooding questions and posts. But I have seen some others ask the same question, only to be drowned out by all the people who can't do simple google or youtube searches on how to upload a rom to an SD card. Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer.

If you have received the retrostone already do the rest of us a favor and upload some videos! We are dying to see it in action! :P

-b
Admin
Administrateur du site

Re: Website Orders

Post by Admin »

The order number are not the total of RetroStone ordered! :)

Website orders will all be sent this week if everything runs smoothly.
zxdunny

Post by zxdunny »

I have mine - a website order for a grey RetroStone.

First impressions are pretty good. I love the screen. Yes, it's impossible to read text (which can largely be fixed by wearing glasses and changing the theme) but those games look like they're running on a CRT and that's lovely. DPad is not great, and you do have to press quite hard to get anything from the left direction. The rest of the hardware is pretty neat. It also feels quite small, would probably have benefited from being in a proper DMG case or one of a similar size, IMO.

I'm in the process of moving my ROMs over (Ethernet to the router seems to be the best way) and scraping the extra data. Once it's done, I'll get some pics and video up, along with a proper review.
dr_bunsen

Post by dr_bunsen »

zxdunny wrote: Thu 23 Aug 2018 19:37 I have mine - a website order for a grey RetroStone.

First impressions are pretty good. I love the screen. Yes, it's impossible to read text (which can largely be fixed by wearing glasses and changing the theme) but those games look like they're running on a CRT and that's lovely. DPad is not great, and you do have to press quite hard to get anything from the left direction. The rest of the hardware is pretty neat. It also feels quite small, would probably have benefited from being in a proper DMG case or one of a similar size, IMO.

I'm in the process of moving my ROMs over (Ethernet to the router seems to be the best way) and scraping the extra data. Once it's done, I'll get some pics and video up, along with a proper review.

I had a problem with left on my D-Pad and found a tiny piece of silicon from the mat under the D-Pad stuck to the circuit board when I disassembled the unit. Once removed my D-Pad had the same response in all directions. Might be worth checking if you have the same problem.
Beads3

Post by Beads3 »

Thanks for the response. I got my tracking number a couple days ago! That’s great the “websiters” are also getting theirs this soon. Yea a video would be awesome. I’m addicted to searching for any news and updates I can find on it, while I wait for it to get here.