Low Battery -> Charger -> Shutdown

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RetroStone
Gamuza469

Re: Low Battery -> Charger -> Shutdown

Post by Gamuza469 »

Yes, that's what happened. You are correct.

As I stated, the charger's rating is 2.5A. I assume it's real rating but just in case I will try to figure out tonight how much current it can deliver.

EDIT: The reason I assume it's real is because I bought it from a shop specialized in single board computer accesories (RPI and others) and because it is pretty heavy compared to other chargers I own which say they deliver 2A but do not go past 500mA.
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

What is the model of charger you'r using?
Some Raspberry pi chargers have been reported not to work (for an unknown reasons)
See here :
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1815

Can you try another charger maybe?
Gamuza469

Post by Gamuza469 »

It's a Probattery FASW-053100F. I just google'd it and it turns out it's marketed as a 3.1A power supply, however it was sold to me as a 2.5A power supply (and it says so in the provided specs on the brick). I'll test another 2A charger (a portable one) and I'll also try to get ahold of a USB multimeter to check things out.
RescueGamer

Post by RescueGamer »

Hi Pierre, I've noticed something, I think is not because of the charger, but the micro-usb cable connector. I have tried the same charger, with different cables, and with many cables I get a instant shutdown, but with one it keeps powered, so maybe the RetroStone has issues with some types of usb connectors? (since there are light size differences depending on cable)
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

The micro-USB connector is a normal one, not sure what could be the problem with it.
bardok84

Post by bardok84 »

Admin wrote: Tue 11 Dec 2018 15:38 The micro-USB connector is a normal one, not sure what could be the problem with it.
Hi there

I have just received my Retrostone and I am using a normal charger of a mobilephone I had at home. The console is charging during 5 hours and only appear 2 blue leds...., when Will the retrostone complete the charging process?? or how many blue leds must appears to show that the battery is totally full???

Thank you a lot in advance!!

Regards
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

LED 3 + LED 4 means it's fully charged.
gismoboss

Post by gismoboss »

Hi
i have receive my retrostone and have after 2 hours low battery, i have plug charger 5v - 3A during 5 hours not charge completed, the last LED not in blue.
I have change with charger 5v - 2A during 4 hours and the result is same

Who have solution to have full charge ?

Thanks

Bonjour,

J'ai reçu ma retrostone après 2 heures d'utilisation la batterie était déchargée et l’écran à fait des truc bizarres , j'ai chargé avec un chargeur 5v - 3A pendant 5 heures mais cela n'a pas rechargé complètement la batterie (dernière led toujours éteinte).
J'ai essayé avec un autre chargeur 5v - 2A pendant 4 heures après la première recharge c'est pareil la batterie n'est pas chargée complètement.

Qui peut m'aider ?

Merci d'avance
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

Hi,
Full charge takes about 6 hours. So maybe it has not reached full charge.
Have you played between your 2 charge attempt?

Also some chargers have been reported to have a strange behaviour with retrostone charge manager IC. So if you can't reach full charge in 6-7 hours with a charger it is worth testing another one.

Also few units have been reported to have current leak, resulting in battery getting empty in about 1 hour. For these units the charge seem to be very slow. They need to be replaced.

However as you could play 2 hours before having low battery I don't think that's your problem.