ext4 errors - Retropie does not boot anymore

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RetroStone
tmuecksch

ext4 errors - Retropie does not boot anymore

Post by tmuecksch »

I flashed the SD card as described in the tutorial. And my RetroStone worked fine for a few hours.
I then switched it off (of course I use the "Shut Down System" function first and waited for the screen to go fully black). When I wanted to start it a few hours later it got stuck in the boot procedure and showed multiple ext4 errors (see picture attached).

I then thought, I might have switched off the RetroStone too early which corrupted the filesystem, so I decided to erase and re-flash the SD-Card. But the error still persists.

How can I fix this?
IMG_9469.JPG
IMG_9469.JPG (172.77 KiB) Viewed 8168 times
Best regards,
tmuecksch
tmuecksch

Re: ext4 errors - Retropie does not boot anymore

Post by tmuecksch »

I've tried another SD card. And the same problem is still present. Is it possible, that this is a hardware problem?
radiowaves

Post by radiowaves »

You have upper level led lit up. Is it possible you just do not have enough power to read SD card etc? Charge it first until lower led lits up.
tmuecksch

Post by tmuecksch »

Hi radiowaves.
Thanks for the response. I have charged the RetroStone for about 5 hours before I had the problem. So I think this might not be the cause. I will retry the charging and report back.

BTW: I'm using a 5V 2,4A charger.

Best regards
tmuecksch
tmuecksch

Post by tmuecksch »

Yep. After charging it, it started working again. Well that's strange. Why doesn't the LED for the low battery status light up?
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

It might have been the retrorangepi version. They released a beta version that caused this problem, maybe you were using it? Have you redownloaded the image?

Is your system stable now?
tmuecksch

Post by tmuecksch »

Hi Pierre,

The problem is back... I just fully charged my RetroStone (LED4 turning on). Then I plugged in a LAN cable and started transferring ROMs, while the RetroStone was showing the EmulationStation Menu. After about 5 minutes suddenly the ext4 errors appeared on the display and the RetroStone stopped working.

I'm currently using the this Image:

http://www.retrorangepi.org/RetrOrangeP ... desktop.7z
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

I am not sure about this problem, it appeared recently but I have never heard of it before, so I wonder if it's something that has changed in the retrorangepi or if it's hardware issue.

You formated in FAT32 correct?

Is it always happening or only when battery is low ? Is the on/off switch going correctly from one side to the other?
tmuecksch

Post by tmuecksch »

Hi Pierre,

I have recently installed a beta of retrorangepi and since then, I haven't had the error anymore.

Maybe it only is a bug in the latest retrorangepi version!

I've downloaded the beta here:
http://orangepi.club/showthread.php?tid=2668
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

Good to hear!