Battery level

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RetroStone
geab

Battery level

Post by geab »

Is there a way to read the battery level via command line or via Desktop ?

So far mine had been charging until LED 4 showed up and indicated fully charged; now only LED 3 shows charging but do not get to LED 4;

Edit - after a few more hours with max 3.6 A charger; same as before it got there.

the unit gets charged to some degree as it works after the charger is removed.
Thats where some command tool would be helpful to read current charging level.
Cheers Gernot
Last edited by geab on Sat 15 Sep 2018 17:02, edited 1 time in total.
Peppuccio

Re: Battery level

Post by Peppuccio »

no
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

Out of the box no. It's possible to read battery voltage if you add MCP3208 on the PCB. But that requires soldering. And to write the script to read the voltage
mmason75123

Post by mmason75123 »

Any chance we can get a tutorial on this?

All the issues I have with this device are around not knowing when the battery is low and it corrupting the SD card!
kuato867

Post by kuato867 »

I'm wondering if power is the issue for me as well - going to try reinstalling for second time as SD card seems corrupt.

Top indicator is lit when device is on, but when plugged in to charge it doesn't go past third light (third from top).

Are the lights simply inaccurate? What is expected battery life and charge time?
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

@mmason75123 I'll give it a try when I have some free time

@kuato867
LED 1 =power on
LED2 = low power
LED 3 = Charging
LED4 = fully charged.

Full charge should take 6 hours.
It seems some chargers charge at lower speed for an unknown reason. If you can't get full charge even with 7-8 hours then I would suggest trying another charger.
If you are charging only you can test with 1A or more
If you are charging and system is on you need 1.5A or more
RescueGamer

Post by RescueGamer »

I have a few questions regarding this topic:

1) The other day I plugged the charger while the system was on, and it turned off at the time it started charging with a little cracking sound. It is normal to have that shutdown when plugging the charger? I think it only happened one time.

2)While using the proper charger, the RetroStone is suppossed to be able tu run fine and charge at the same time? This is only to know if it's ok to play while you are charging the unit.

Cheers!
Peppuccio

Post by Peppuccio »

RescueGamer wrote: Thu 27 Sep 2018 16:14 I have a few questions regarding this topic:

1) The other day I plugged the charger while the system was on, and it turned off at the time it started charging with a little cracking sound. It is normal to have that shutdown when plugging the charger? I think it only happened one time.

2)While using the proper charger, the RetroStone is suppossed to be able tu run fine and charge at the same time? This is only to know if it's ok to play while you are charging the unit.

Cheers!
Hello there.
1) Yes this happened to me too, is better plug the charger when the device is off and after turn on
2)Yes i scraped the roms with the charger plugged into the device. I think isn't good play with the device during the charge this might broke the battery. If you wanna play with the retrostone with the charger plugged is better remove the battery (i didin't tested it i haven't my retrostone here i waiting for an replacdment :) )