Shoulder & Trigger Buttons not recognized in Emulation Station or jstest???

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RetroStone
SKT73

Shoulder & Trigger Buttons not recognized in Emulation Station or jstest???

Post by SKT73 »

Gday,

Other than this issue I am very much enjoying my Retrostone.

I recently installed the latest Supreme image on my Retrostone and it appears no matter how I try I can not get the Shoulder & Trigger buttons (on rear of unit) to be recognized in the Emulation Station controller configuration setup menu and thus they are unusable in any games. I havnt really had much need for them until now and didnt try them on the first SLIM install I did but yeah now they are def not working.

I performed a jstest and all other buttons are working correctly.

I 'm actually pretty sure I had one of them working just today playing around with GBA controller configs.

Either way...they are not detected in the Emulation Station controller setup or the jstest.

Other than this I am very much enjoying my Retrostone.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated
SKT73

Shoulder and Trigger Buttons not recognized ?

Post by SKT73 »

Howdy I’m lovin my Retrostone bit have discovered that the Shoulder & Trigger Burton’s are not recognized during the Emulation Station controller setup process and thus not useable in any games.

I’m not sure if it’s relevant but I’ve recently used the latest Supreme image which i Love.

I ‘think’ I had a Shoulder but assigned to an action via retroarch for GBA Metal Slug Advance but then on the very same day I tried to reconfigure the buttons and I could not. I then checked the Emulation Station controller setup and I also used the ‘jtest’ command and can see no indication any of the 4 buttons on the rear are working.

Any advice as to why they might not be working would be very very much appreciated.
Last edited by SKT73 on Tue 11 Dec 2018 06:37, edited 1 time in total.
Admin
Administrateur du site

Re: Shoulder & Trigger Buttons not recognized in Emulation Station or jstest???

Post by Admin »

Hello,
Did they worked at some point, then stopped working? Or have you never used them before?

Have you opened the RetroStone at some point? If so have you unconnected the back buttons maybe?
If not any shoulder buttons is working, then it probably means the back buttons pcb is disconnected. You can open the back casing and check if it's connected.

If one button is working but not the other, then it's probably a hardware issue.

Waiting for your confirmation.
Pierre
SKT73

Post by SKT73 »

Gday Pierre I did open it when I first got and removed the resistor in the audio output to improve headphone volume. I’ll crack it again and ensure everything is seated correctly. I’ve just never thought to use them and only noticed it now.

I’ll get back to you once I’ve done as suggested.

Thanks mate.
SKT73

Post by SKT73 »

I opened the unit up and found I had not seated the rear buttons cable fully in to the main board header. Now firmly fitted and buttons working g fine.

Thanks for you support and patience.
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

Great! Good to hear it.