Arrived defective

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RetroStone
exile101

Arrived defective

Post by exile101 »

Hi, I loved your product but it only lasted me 1 hour. I installed the OS. After that, I installed some of my NES roms. At this point, everything worked very well for about an hour. My screen began to flicker and eventually the system shut down. I thought it may have been that my battery was dead but I had a full charge. I plugged it in any way and charged some more just in case. I tried rebooting my stone but was stuck in a black screen after the orangpi logo. Eventually, after attempting to reboot for like the 25th time I was able to get into the system selection menu. I plugged my usb into the stone so that I may transfer more roms when again my screen went nuts... I began to see rainbow artifacts and a odd sound was coming from the system, unfortunately, the system again froze and I got the black screen again.
frustrated at this point I purchased another SD card and started from scratch. The system booted to the logo but again I got the black screen and strange noise. The system shut itself off and it only turns on like once in every 25 tries only to freeze and shut itself off again. This is very disappointing.
I waited a very long time for this product and it was not cheap. I hope we can resolve this issue as quickly as possible. I also submitted a ticket.
exile101

Re: Arrived defective

Post by exile101 »

Update this morning I booted into the system selection menu and chose a random nes game, it played Very Very slow like 1fps before freezing and showing the same symptoms as my first post. This system is simply not working.
exile101

Post by exile101 »

So I have sent emails, opened a ticket, and created this post. Am I ever going to get any type of customer service? I am sitting on a dead on arrival product. It does not work!
zxdunny

Post by zxdunny »

So you've had it less than a week which puts you squarely at the new year and you expect people to be around at this time to answer your demands? Dude, chill a little and give Pierre a while to get back to work after the holidays.
exile101

Post by exile101 »

I expect some kind of response yeah, It is now January 6th. I got mine mid-December. At the very least an email acknowledging my issue would be nice.
zxdunny

Post by zxdunny »

He's usually pretty responsive, and it's literally just one guy so I expect he will get back to you. Just have patience - and take comfort in the knowledge that it's not just you; many units came out defective but he's really good at solving problems.
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

Hello,
Sorry I have been out of office for holiday. I tried to reply as many messages while out but it was not very efficient.
At the very least an email acknowledging my issue would be nice.
I don't understand, I just checked and I replied to your ticket on the website the 4th. You even replied again the 4th to the ticket. So you can't say I have not even sent an acknoledging email...
I'll deal with it asap.

Note: Sakib just joined to team to help me on the messages!
exile101

Post by exile101 »

Yes, I got your reply and I do apologize for being impatient. I was extremely frustrated and that got the better of me. I did manage to have my situation handled and will receive a replacement. To all reading this post I take responsibility for jumping the gun and being impatient. My stone will be replaced and all is well.