Status LED's too bright

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RetroStone
charlydelta

Status LED's too bright

Post by charlydelta »

Hey guys.

I really like playing a little while before going to sleep, but I find the status LED's super annoying, since they're so bright. I thought about hot-gluing the LED holes so that it's at least a bit more diffuse and not so glaring.

Do you guys feel the same? Did you already do something to make it better? And most importantly: Is it save to fill the holes, or are they of any thermal use?

Thanks in advance
torofinance

Re: Status LED's too bright

Post by torofinance »

Just take the LED out (like me) and tape over the others so they are still visible.

Here is mine (removed status light)

charlydelta

Post by charlydelta »

Looks much better, thank you. I think I won't take them out though, this seems a bit too drastic :)

But I see that you took out those strange metal pins - how did you do that? Just clip them off?
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

For the LED holes yes you can hot-glue the holes there are no problems.

For the Energysquare metal pin yes you can clip them off if you prefer without them.

Think I will change the LED to green ones for next production/next version.
charlydelta

Post by charlydelta »

Admin wrote: Thu 14 Feb 2019 11:36 For the LED holes yes you can hot-glue the holes there are no problems.

For the Energysquare metal pin yes you can clip them off if you prefer without them.

Think I will change the LED to green ones for next production/next version.
Maybe it would help if they would not directly point into ones eyes, you know what I mean? If they would be tilted for a few degrees, you'd still see the status LED, but it wouldn't directly shine into your eyes. Or just place the LEDs behind a frosted/diffuse piece of plastic