[TUTO] Installing Recalbox

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
dh04000

Re: [TUTO] Installing Recalbox

Post by dh04000 »

abocaman wrote:Thanks screech I try to install version 4.0.1 and I will share my experience.
I successfully installed on my copy of 4.01 recalbox using Screech's instructions.
screech

Post by screech »

Great :D
abocaman

Post by abocaman »

dh04000 wrote:
abocaman wrote:Thanks screech I try to install version 4.0.1 and I will share my experience.
I successfully installed on my copy of 4.01 recalbox using Screech's instructions.
Got you sound in Recalbox? I follow all the steps, everything is working but I can't get sound. Config.txt are modified. Mising something?
dh04000

Post by dh04000 »

abocaman wrote:
dh04000 wrote:
Got you sound in Recalbox? I follow all the steps, everything is working but I can't get sound. Config.txt are modified. Mising something?
My sound works in game, but is missing in the menu for some reason... It might be tied to the recalbox default theme as I lost sound after I changed the theme....
abocaman

Post by abocaman »

dh04000 wrote:
abocaman wrote:
dh04000 wrote:
My sound works in game, but is missing in the menu for some reason... It might be tied to the recalbox default theme as I lost sound after I changed the theme....
I tried in menu and in game but no sound. I came back to retropie by now.
I saw in recalbox an ugly startup splash screen. White and blue, I think that is the normal screen when the display hasn't signal. Did you saw it? Could be resolved?
pegoncology

Post by pegoncology »

Hello. Where do you find the img file ?
When using the Recalbox 4.0.1 os files, even burning an img or unzipping the file, I don't have a config.txt file... I have recovery.img files etc.
joinski

Post by joinski »

Now that recalbox 4.1 is out, is there any update regarding this tutorial?
joinski

Post by joinski »

Ok, i just tested it and it works for recalbox 4.1
But there is one problem:
After every reboot or even if i just change some of the settings in Main Menu (for example enable/disable rewind function) the global.videomode changes back to 'CEA 4 HDMI' and i have to edit recalbox.conf every time, before i start to play. It seems, that global.videomode is overwritten by default values (CEA 4 HDMI) at every change of settings in Main Menu or reboot/restart. That is really annoying.

I would suggest to use retropie (with gbz-theme) instead of recalbox for RaspiBoy because performance in retropie is a bit better (navigation in emulation-station for example). Also in some snes-games there are a few bugs/glitches in recalbox, for example in Super Mario Kart on the below half of the screen, where you can see the track and the icons of other drivers. Or Donkey Kong Country is only playable, with a second controller and the controls of player 1 are only recognized, when player 2 is holding a button on the controller. On retropie both bugs are not present.
dh04000

Post by dh04000 »

joinski wrote:Now that recalbox 4.1 is out, is there any update regarding this tutorial?
Should still work as described.
Frank_Castle

Post by Frank_Castle »

Hi everyone,

the description works very well. The Script works much better then others find on the web.
Good work, thanks a lot.