Game-pad not detected

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
charliebigpot

Re: Game-pad not detected

Post by charliebigpot »

martinv2 wrote:I also experienced the 'No Gamepads detected' after first assembling the kit.

The only thing I had changed in the RetroPie filesystem apart from the necessary config.txt changes was this: I enabled the Ethernet Gadget to be able to access the headless Pi Zero in the pre-configuration stage (expand the filesystem, increase the font size) from my Mac over USB. This driver blocks the gamepad function of the USB port! Once I removed it the gamepad started working!

HTH
Martin
Hi Martin, I actually have the same problem...how did you remove it again?

Thanks a lot

Davide
martinv2

Post by martinv2 »

charliebigpot wrote:I actually have the same problem...how did you remove it again?
I re-flashed the SD card with the RetroPie image.
bigredsign

Post by bigredsign »

I'm having this issue too. I tried loading a new retropie image. I did a fresh install of 4.3 and only made the changes to the config file. Again get the no gamepad connected screen. A usb controller works fine. I looked at the boards, I didn't see any glaring errors. Would love to get this resolved and start playing.
Atastysandwich

Post by Atastysandwich »

I have the same issue. the gamepad is not working, but an external controller plugged into the usb port works. Everything else works, the sceen, volume control and battery lights are all functional. I have reseated several times and the pins seem to be making connections fine, as well as the buttons. They seem springy and properly in place but setup still does not detect the gamepad. Any Ideas?
Allwen

Post by Allwen »

I had the same problem (gamepad not detected but yes external controllers), and finally I realized that the gamepad was faulty, so I contacted with Pierre. I have a new one and it works perfectly. So do the same guys.
abocaman

Post by abocaman »

Just today I received the 1.2 replacement board. I replaced 1.1 by 1.2. Everything is working except the built-in dpad. Is not recognized by retropie. I reflash the SD and tried with Lakka and retropie with same result. I opened the case and reseat all components. It doesn't works. If I put and external USB pad works but the built-in doesn't works. Any advice or idea?
RetroRobert

Post by RetroRobert »

Same issue here as everyone else. Boots up just fine along with audio and video, no issues. Usb controllers work just fine but the gamepad does not. All pins are connected perfectly on the boards, everything aligns beautifully. Tried all the methods found here as well as the "use tin foil to wrap the white/green cables on the gamepad board" so theres no interference trick but still, the gamepad doesnt work. I've reseated the cables and boards about 20 different ways and I'm completely out of ideas. Reached out to Pierre to see if he can send me a new gamepad to see if that might fix the issue. I'll keep everyone posted if I find a fix!
RetroRobert

Post by RetroRobert »

I noticed that one of these little pins was depressed. Could this be causing the issue for the gamepad not working? I was extremely delicate when assembling this unit. I did not force anything :?

https://imgur.com/a/iUhe7
KuBi4K

Post by KuBi4K »

Hi,

I have the same issue, except it worked fine for 2 days.

And now, "NO GAMEPAD DETECTED"

The only thing I've changed since the install is increase FontSize in order to read the game lists correctly and that's it.

I didn't dropped the box, spill water on it.

It happenned once in a while and I always managed to got it back after a reboot but since yesterday, no luck.

Gamepad is not recognized anymore, even after a couple of reboot.

I've tried to open the box, unplug & plug the USB thing, same with the battery (with a time gap between unplug/replug), checked connectors and solders, checked the Pi, the PCB board.

I even installed Pi on another SD card and used it.

No luck.
RetroRobert

Post by RetroRobert »

My issues has been resolved! I contacted Peirre and he sent me a new gamepad module and it works flawlessly now! THANK YOU!