right shoulder button doesnt work

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
gingemonster

right shoulder button doesnt work

Post by gingemonster »

Hi

All the buttons are a bit flakey to be honest. I have re-opened the case lots of times to fix one button to find it makes another unreliable. However the only one I cannot get to work at all is the right shoulder button. It has worked perhaps once in 100 presses. I have cleaned the connections and check that the two wires still seem attached and that the solder isnt bridged but it still doesnt work
wayn0r

Re: right shoulder button doesnt work

Post by wayn0r »

I've found that some of the buttons are problematic if the case is screwed together completely. Try loosening some of the screws closest to the buttons that are giving you trouble by a turn or half a turn and see if they work any better.
twitter/instagram: wayn0r
greavous

Post by greavous »

Make sure the silicone pin is touching the plastic pin on the inside of the button. If it's in the empty cavity its not getting pressed properly. It also helped keeping the silicon part in place when putting together the case.
alessandropani

Post by alessandropani »

Same issue in my raspyboy... right shoulder doesn't work at all. I've checked connection like you. I've tried to fill the button as suggested in the tutorial, but nothing at the moment. i'll try to loose the screw, but i think button module is faulty
alessandropani

Post by alessandropani »

I've definitively solved the button issue filling the gap with small piece of paper 8-)