Static/Interference noise coming from speaker?

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
TRIXXYDIXXY

Static/Interference noise coming from speaker?

Post by TRIXXYDIXXY »

Hi,

Just put my raspiboy together today.

I'm having a sound issue. I get a lot of static/interference noise coming from the speaker when I turn the raspiboy on. The sound seems ok when i plug my headphones in. I've had the raspiboy apart a few times to check everything over and it all looks ok. Is the interference coming from the battery which is right next to the speaker? Maybe some shielding would help?

I'm going on holiday tomorrow so as a quick fix I'm planning on disconnecting the speaker and will just use headphones for now

Cheers,

Trixxy
abocaman

Re: Static/Interference noise coming from speaker?

Post by abocaman »

Hi Trixxy,

you have to volume up in Emulestation until 85% and then use the wheel to regulate. Try it and share the result.
Ch40s_engineer

Post by Ch40s_engineer »

I guess she is having the exact problem I encountered (thread "Audio Problems"). unplugging the speaker and using headphones will work, but even shielding doesn't lower the effect doesn't make a huge difference...
TRIXXYDIXXY

Post by TRIXXYDIXXY »

I've modified the config.txt and set the volume to 85% but still have the problem. :(

UPDATE:

I emailed Pierre a video of my speaker problem and he confirmed it was a faulty speaker. I’m just waiting for a replacement to be sent out.