chris_jh

Sound Low or Not working

Post by chris_jh »

Sound Low
You will need a keyboard plugged in.

1. Choose the RetroPie Configuration page

2. Select the Audio Option

3. Select the Mixer Option (4)

4. Use the gamepad to increase volume to around 80%. I would keep it below 90%.

5. On the Keyboard press Esc Key.

6. Volume should now be louder, and you can use the scroll wheel to adjust.

Sound Not Working At All

In the config.txt file on the SD card you need to make sure you have put the line

Code: Select all

dtoverlay=pwm-2chan,pin=18,func=2,pin2=13,func2=4
at the end of the file.

If you have not, then you could have damaged the speaker as the Raspberry Pi will send 3.3v constant to it.
wayn0r

Re: Sound Low or Not working

Post by wayn0r »

So, when I initially set my RPB up, I had audio working just fine. Subsequently, I changed the disk image out for a different one, and found that my audio no longer worked, so I may have damaged the speaker. Would this effect the audio output to the headphone jack? When connecting the RPB to my television via HDMI, I have audio through the TV.

Any pointers? I should have thought to check the headphone output when I had the RPB connected to my television via HDMI to see what if it was working, but that didn't occur to me in the moment. I've also tried disconnecting the speaker and then getting audio through the headphone jack, but that didn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
twitter/instagram: wayn0r
wayn0r

Post by wayn0r »

I fixed this problem by just reflashing my sd card, then inserting my sd card into my computer and making the config.txt file adjustments. On at least one attempt to fix this problem I had just tried to ftp in and edit the txt file, but the changes weren't saved, so as much of a pain in the ass as it might be, just make the edits to the file when you have the sd card outside of the RPB. Unless you know how to adjust permissions on the Pi itself, this is the easiest way to handle it.
twitter/instagram: wayn0r
aaronmelzak

Post by aaronmelzak »

I can't get any sound to work via the speaker or the audio jack. I don't have a mini-HDMI to HDMI adapter to hook up to HDMI. I've dis-assembled the device and checked the audio speaker cable and i've reseated both the RPi Zero and the PCB but nothing has worked. This is the ONLY thing keeping me from properly enjoying the RaspiBoy. I've fixed all my other issues (booting, WiFi, DPAD, etc.). Any ideas?