Make RetroPie Screen Readable

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
chris_jh

Make RetroPie Screen Readable

Post by chris_jh »

You will need wifi for this, you can do it using USB. But i did it using wifi and i am unsure how to do it by USB. May be someone else can post a USB version.

1. Choose the RetroPie Configuration Page.

2. Make sure Wifi is connected and you have an IP Address. Show IP

3. Select the ES THEMES option (4th option down Audio, Bluetooth, Configuration Editor, ES THEMES)

4. Scroll down to Install minilumi (Option 9) and select it to install. After installed it should say Update or Uninstall.

5. Select Cancel to return back to RetroPie/Emulation Station.

6. Press the Start Button.

7. Scroll Down to UI Setting. Option 3 (Scaper, Sound Setting, UI Setting) and select it.

8. Scroll all the way to the bottom THEME SET and push right or left to select MINILUMI.

9. Scroll to Back and select it, new theme will update in background. Press Start button again to close menu.

There are probably other Themes you can try, but for me i liked this one.
sygyzy

Re: Make RetroPie Screen Readable

Post by sygyzy »

I'd also recommend the Pixel-TFT theme. And you can edit the theme xml file to increase the font under the game section to 0.05.
Telev

Post by Telev »

Hello,

You can also use the GBZ35 theme. Very readable on this screen.

In the same idea, you can edit the config file of retroarch for update the size of the font.
Read this post
And this is the result : (sorry first picture is blurred)
screech

Post by screech »

@Telev nice scrape ;) (At least the big picture MIX is usefull ^^)

As I say in an other post, I will publish a "new theme" with a "new Mix" for UXS with a "no text" feature.

Trying to find a picture to show you ;)
rolle

Post by rolle »

Hello. I'm new here, just got my Raspi Boy today. How to install this theme via USB? have tried configs folder and googling retropie USB tutorials with no luck. How to set up SSH on Raspi Boy? Help?
ArtOfTheWolf

Post by ArtOfTheWolf »

rolle wrote:Hello. I'm new here, just got my Raspi Boy today. How to install this theme via USB? have tried configs folder and googling retropie USB tutorials with no luck. How to set up SSH on Raspi Boy? Help?

I would also like to know how to install the GBZ theme via USB!!
greavous

Post by greavous »

I'd recommend checking the retropie forums as they will be able to help with software issues much better than people here!