Unable to use any USB controllers

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
sygyzy

Unable to use any USB controllers

Post by sygyzy »

I have my Raspi Boy setup. The built in controller is detected and works well (can configure and save). However, when I try to plug in any USB controllers, the system crashes. Here's what happens:

1. Plug in USB controller and choose configure inputs
2. Gamepad is detected just fine. I press and hold the A button on USB controller and it displays the name and takes me into the configurator.
3. I go through all the steps and when I am done, I get to the OK button and press A. To be honest, with the OK button selected, I am not sure which button on the new controller to press. I press a bunch of them.

Now what happens next is either a) It makes me restart the configuration, b) takes me to the menu you get when you press start on the emulationstation homescreen or

c) What mostly happens is it quits to console and I get a "Segmentation Fault"

I've tried two USB controllers (PS3 style (wired) and Sega Saturn/Genesis style). These two controllers work wth the Orange Pi running RetroPie/ES just fine. Next, I am going to try to use a USB wifi adapter to update the software.

Any help would be appreciated.
wayn0r

Re: Unable to use any USB controllers

Post by wayn0r »

Take it slow. I assume you're holding any button to skip over all the buttons you aren't assigning. Once you're done, you just use the A button on the final "OK" button at the bottom of the menu. Just once, and then wait. It may take a couple of seconds to complete. Then you just use the B button to close the menu and resume useage as normal.
twitter/instagram: wayn0r