Gamepad not woorking in game?

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
Silversurfer79

Gamepad not woorking in game?

Post by Silversurfer79 »

Hi All,

So my new kit arrived, all put togther with the Youtube video and saw the comment obout the sound. Great... a link would have been useful.

So anyway, got the software installed (retropie), adding roms to internal storage, sound working and the games load, great...

But here is the odd thing, in game the controls dont work... I mean they work fine in the menu, change settings and moving around and so on all good. The demo of the game loads and simply loops, I cant stop it or insert coins or do anything... The buttons feel good to the touch, so it feels like they are seated correctly. Is there maybea short or something?

This may not be related but, the shoulder keys dont want to map on the mapping screen they never have the rest map fine.

Any help would be greatly appricated.
abocaman

Re: Gamepad not woorking in game?

Post by abocaman »

Hi Silversurfer79,

Are you triying to play a Arcade Game in MAME? Could you try a rom of other systems (snes for example)? Maybe is the insert coin button not mapped correctly to MAME.
Silversurfer79

Post by Silversurfer79 »

abocaman wrote:Hi Silversurfer79,

Are you triying to play a Arcade Game in MAME? Could you try a rom of other systems (snes for example)? Maybe is the insert coin button not mapped correctly to MAME.
Thats it thanks, the SNES games woprk fine. What do i do witht he MAME games now, i cant use them?
abocaman

Post by abocaman »

Usually the insert coin button is mapped to the 'SELECT' button in the GamePad. And the start play to the 'START' button. Isn't working in this way?