RetroPie and Mame 0 181 not working

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
Silversurfer79

RetroPie and Mame 0 181 not working

Post by Silversurfer79 »

Im having issues with the mame games on RP, on even the newer 0.180 mame do the controls dont report in also with 0.146 and 0.142.

It would seem with Neo-Geo its the same, but SNES games work fine.

Any suggestings?
dh04000

Re: RetroPie and Mame 0 181 not working

Post by dh04000 »

Silversurfer79 wrote:Im having issues with the mame games on RP, on even the newer 0.180 mame do the controls dont report in also with 0.146 and 0.142.

It would seem with Neo-Geo its the same, but SNES games work fine.

Any suggestings?
Is this related to your other problem in the other thread? Sounds like software. Try a fresh copy of retropie.
Silversurfer79

Post by Silversurfer79 »

Ive tired 2 diffrent sd cards and three diffrent installs. Are you saying that other people have mame working with Raspiboy and retropie?
abocaman

Post by abocaman »

Maybe is the insert coin button not mapped correctly to MAME.
Usually the insert coin button is mapped to the 'SELECT' button in the GamePad. And the start play to the 'START' button. Isn't working in this way?
Silversurfer79

Post by Silversurfer79 »

The other games work, snes and so on, just the mame games dont work at all. Shouild I be mapping keys? I mean non of the bujttons work, insert coin, exit game, start, d pad and AB and XY. Though they all work fine with SNES games. If I load MAME games i have to put he power off to get out of the game.

I get the feeling that its something im missing maybe?
Husten

Post by Husten »

connect a keyboard and press tab or f12 in mame, then you see the config menu and you can map the buttons for mame.
greavous

Post by greavous »

What I just posted on another thread....

Follow the instructions for the emulator you are using I used MAME4ALL (https://retropie.org.uk/docs/Arcade/), you will need a keyboard attached to edit controls.

I edited:
- insert coin. You need to insert coins as its an arcade game.
- 1p start. You need a start button to start the game after inserting a coin.
- gui open/back. i think they are called that although might be slightly different wording. These are so you can open/close the interface and then the emulator without needing a keyboard.

The rest of the controls are personal preference depending on the games and what buttons you require but I left the others stock. I bound the above to start, select, and the shoulder buttons.
dh04000

Post by dh04000 »

Please bring Retropie software issues to the Retropie forum. They can help you better than us (more eyes and knowledge).
Silversurfer79

Post by Silversurfer79 »

Ok so two things,

Getting the Raspi Boy working over wifi and allow me to copy files to and from via ssh using winscp: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4iMZ9Fzy0c

and configuring mame keys to work with all roms added: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9nCcVf3tD8