Sound error: lv10 Volume Control: Failed to find mixer

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
Adrian_86

Sound error: lv10 Volume Control: Failed to find mixer

Post by Adrian_86 »

Hello to Pierre and the others !

I have this strange error regarding to sound: lv10: VolumeControl: init() - Failed to find mixer elements!

The sound works but the volume is low although i set the volume settings in retropie to 80-90%. There is also white noise coming out of the speakers and I even tried PCM, MASTER and SPEAKER option in the settings but the volume stays still low. MIXER option is not showing up because of this error so I could not select it.

The sound of the video splash screen before emulationstation boots up is working fine and loud so I believe that this has to be some kind of odd retropie issue. After emulationstation boots up the white noise gets a little bit louder but the sound volume stays still low even on max. settings.

I edited the config.txt corresponding to the tutorial and I also have watched not to have any static electricity while assembling the unit.

Here is a dropbox link to my config.txt file just in case is did a mistake:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a3v804dp90582 ... g.txt?dl=0

Hope that somebody can help,
Thanks guys !
abocaman

Re: Sound error: lv10 Volume Control: Failed to find mixer

Post by abocaman »

Could you check 'alsamixer' from a bash prompt. In Retropie "quit", "Exit emulestation", you get prompt, type 'alsamixer' check the volume levels here. Try.
Adrian_86

Post by Adrian_86 »

Hi Abocaman !

Thank you for the fast response. I exactly did what you said and I took a pic from the message on my screen.

So here is the message via dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k5euev8l61raz ... .jpeg?dl=0

I really don't know what to do to solve this problem...

Thanks
wayn0r

Post by wayn0r »

I'm also having this same issue.
twitter/instagram: wayn0r
wayn0r

Post by wayn0r »

After reflashing my SD card and making sure I edited the config.txt file on my computer before inserting it into the RPB, I no longer have this problem. My advice would be to try this, yourself. You may have made changes to your device and you're going to loose them, but that's all part of getting a Pi device dialed in just right. Try, try again!
twitter/instagram: wayn0r
Owzmo

Post by Owzmo »

Did this cause your system to freeze up at all? I'm also getting the same message however my system tends to freeze up a little while after boot so I'm wondering if the two are related somehow?