Screen blurry/hard to read and DPAD issue

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
aaronmelzak

Screen blurry/hard to read and DPAD issue

Post by aaronmelzak »

Hi All,

I have received my RaspiBoy and after following Pierre's instructions it boots up great and loads RetroPie but the screen is blurry and the words in the interface are hard to read. I did the suggestion in the setup to increase the font size in the theme to 0.05 per the first article mentioned, but it still seems blurry. Screen is clean and appears to be seated properly on the 8B Craft board. It is more blurry in the Emulationstation screens but less in the command line setup screens.

Also the DPAD buttons require a lot of force to use. The action buttons and start/pause buttons work fine but the DPAD buttons require extra force to work -- especially the down/left/right buttons. I saw on the forum another person had this issue and got a DPAD replacement, but is there any alternatives to getting a replacement?
wayn0r

Re: Screen blurry/hard to read and DPAD issue

Post by wayn0r »

Try loosening the screws around the dpad slightly.
twitter/instagram: wayn0r
aaronmelzak

Post by aaronmelzak »

Unfortunately, loosening the screws did not help. I still have to pound the down button on the DPAD to get it to register. The up button works fine.
aaronmelzak

Post by aaronmelzak »

Also is there anything special we need to do to enable a USB WiFi adapter to work? I plugged one into the top USB ports and even after a reboot the RetroPie WiFi setup cannot detect any SSID's even though I'm in the same room as the router.
Silversurfer79

Post by Silversurfer79 »

Im wodering if cleaning the pads and contacts would help? Is there a stear on this?