Play Arcade games on Raspiboy with Pifba emulator

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
Adrian_86

Play Arcade games on Raspiboy with Pifba emulator

Post by Adrian_86 »

Hello guys !

I know that the only good way to get some arcade games running on the Raspiboy is to set up Pifba controlls due the jstest (jstest /dev/input/js0)
But I do not how to do this... So has anybody figured out the correct controlls and how to set it up properly ??? Maybe somebody has the files for me so that I can to set this up ?

Thanks !
wayn0r

Re: Play Arcade games on Raspiboy with Pifba emulator

Post by wayn0r »

The Retropie disk image that I used for my RasPi Boy already had Arcade and Neo Geo roms on it and I found that the Pi Zero isn't quite capable of handling them. I'm not very knowledgeable about overclocking the Pi to get better results, so I've basically resigned myself to thinking this model is best for home and handheld consoles 32 bit and under.
twitter/instagram: wayn0r
greavous

Post by greavous »

I only got mine yesterday so only properly using it now but I have tested a few arcade games and not had any issues yet.

I used mame4all instead of fba.

Follow the instructions(https://retropie.org.uk/docs/Arcade/), you will need a keyboard attached to edit controls.

I edited:
- insert coin. You need to insert coins as its an arcade game.
- 1p start. You need a start button to start the game after inserting a coin.
- gui open/back. i think they are called that although might be slightly different wording. These are so you can open/close the interface and then the emulator without needing a keyboard.

The rest of the controls are personal preference depending on the games and what buttons you require but I left the others stock. I bound the above to start, select, and the shoulder buttons.
dh04000

Post by dh04000 »

Please bring retropie software problems to the retropie forum. They can help you better than us (more eyes and knowledge).