Very first question

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
alessandropani

Very first question

Post by alessandropani »

Hi everybody,
recently RaspiBoy is arrived and I've assembled today.
In general, i've found perfect tutorial for assembling it, but i've found no instruction on normal usage, so i've some question:
-It's possible to load rom's without extracting memory card (i.e. connecting raspyboy with a cable to my laptop)?
-wich is the correct procedure to charge it?
After i've completed the assembly i've founded some bugs.. But on this i'll write in other posts.
Many thanks for helping me
Mejos

Re: Very first question

Post by Mejos »

Installing Roms is easy with the help of any USB Stick. I will explain it step by step to keep it as easy as possible.

1. Plug in your Usb Stick (ensure that your USB is formatted to FAT32) to your Computer and create a folder called "retropie".

2. Plug the Usb Stick in your RaspiBoy and wait 1 Minute.

3. Plug the Usb Stick into your Pc and open the retropie folder, you should now see a newly created Folder for every Emulator. Now you can copy the Roms in the corresponding folder.

4. Plug the Usb Stick in your Raspiboy and give it some time to transfer the roms.

5. Restart the RaspiBoy and enjoy your games.
wayn0r

Post by wayn0r »

The USB method tends to work pretty well, but I might be a little impatient. It seems like only a certain number of files no matter how long I wait. You can go in and see where the files stop and then delete all the roms from the USB that were successfully transferred, then insert the USB again to transfer the remaining files. I usually only noticed this happening when I was moving 700+ roms at a time, but it really might have just been my impatience.

I've had much better luck transferring roms via wifi, but if you followed the warnings and didn't use a Pi Zero W, you don't have that option.
twitter/instagram: wayn0r
alessandropani

Post by alessandropani »

Ok, worked perfectly in my case. I've transferred about 15 roms.
And what's about charging? I suppose micro-usb port has to be used. How long for the first recharge?
Mejos

Post by Mejos »

You charge the device via the Micro Usb, but make sure you don't use it while charging as it can cause crashes.