Add new emulators like Amiga or C64

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
Bilwis

Add new emulators like Amiga or C64

Post by Bilwis »

Hi all,

I did not find anythig with google or i miss it.
Is it possible to add new emulators like Amiga or C64 after assambling the raspiboy?
There is no directory on my USB Stick after the first plugin to the raspiboy.
And if it is possible, can someone explain how to do?

Thank you for your help all =)
Mejos

Re: Add new emulators like Amiga or C64

Post by Mejos »

If you have Wifi it is pretty easy.
First of all you need to start your Raspiboy and head over to Retropie and then open Retropie Setup. Than you choose Manage Packages and choose Manage Optional Packages. From there you should see alot of Packages you can choose, now u need to find the Emulators of your choice and choose install from binary. The Installation might take sometime. Afterwards you can plug in your Usb and it should add the missing folders for your Roms. From there you can just install your Roms as ususal.

If my instructions are not clear enough i can reccomend the videos of ETA Prime.
wayn0r

Post by wayn0r »

It's also worth noting that some systems require additional files to operate correctly that Retropie will not install for you. Check the Retropie Wiki pages for each system to find out what those files are and where you'll need to place them. Some of them are even so particular that you may need to edit the file names so that they have no capital letters in them.
twitter/instagram: wayn0r
dh04000

Post by dh04000 »

Please bring Retropie software problems to the retropie forum. They can help you better than we can (more eyes and knowledge).