Screen not working

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
Alex

Screen not working

Post by Alex »

Hi,
received my kit, done everything following the tutorial, and first boot was ok. The screen is very, very blurry....but it worked.

2nd time i turn it on : no more screen. Or to be exact, it flickers on 1/3 of the screen , the reste is black. Formatted / changed the sd card, same issue, looks to me the screen is simply dead.

Well....very desappointing...for now it's around 3am and i'll simply dump the all thing and move on to something else. Maybe i'll bother to buy another screen, later.
psykokwak

Re: Screen not working

Post by psykokwak »

Same problem for me, received my raspiboy and assembled it today.
First time, the screen worked but was a little blurry too.

Second time, totaly black. I've tried de check the connexion again with the lcd but it's not working anymore :-(
I think the LCD is dead because the light of the battery are still working.

Very sad, I was hoping to play with it today. Now what can we do ?
Alex

Post by Alex »

More info on my own case, after some sleep :)

I disconnected and reconnected the lcd screen, it doesn't flickers anymore - maybe i just got lucky the first time.
But all i get is the rainbow screen (4 colours cycling). That means the screen is ok (well i think so) but the pi0 is not. Moreover the first sd card i tried is also dead, can't even format it.

Conclusion : something went wrong inside, it somehow killed the sdcard and the pi0 who is no longer able to read sdcard.
New pi0 ordered, at least it doesn't cost much !

Wanted to say that when it worked the first time, all worked, sound, controls, everything, even - the very blurry - screen.
psykokwak

Post by psykokwak »

I tried everything with the screen but it's still black.
I'm gonna try to order a mini hdmi cable to check if it's working correctly, if not maybe it's the same problem for me.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Problem solved, the LCD wasn't correctly connected. Now everything is fine !
psykokwak

Post by psykokwak »

Not for me, even with the hdmi cable it's not working.
I don't know what to do and I'm not good enough to find out what's wrong. I'm afraid I back this project for nothing :-(
charliebigpot

Post by charliebigpot »

Alex wrote:More info on my own case, after some sleep :)

I disconnected and reconnected the lcd screen, it doesn't flickers anymore - maybe i just got lucky the first time.
But all i get is the rainbow screen (4 colours cycling). That means the screen is ok (well i think so) but the pi0 is not. Moreover the first sd card i tried is also dead, can't even format it.

Conclusion : something went wrong inside, it somehow killed the sdcard and the pi0 who is no longer able to read sdcard.
New pi0 ordered, at least it doesn't cost much !

Wanted to say that when it worked the first time, all worked, sound, controls, everything, even - the very blurry - screen.

Hi Alex,

I flashed my SD Card and at the beginning everything worked fine than abruptly the screen stopped showing me as usual Retropie and switched from one to the other color...even when I restart the RaspiBoy nothing changes..I only see green, red, blue...and so on..What can I do? :cry:

I totally apreciate your help :-) Thanks a lot!

all best
Rubiriac

Post by Rubiriac »

Same trouble here i just dissamble the thing to get my shoulders working properly and black screen i have reseated the screen cable couple of times but still nothing :(