Learn from my mistake

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
dh04000

Learn from my mistake

Post by dh04000 »

I was making some modifications to my Raspiboy and had to reassemble it. In the process of doing so I accidentally plugged the battery power cable into the speaker port and the speaker port into the power port. Interestingly, the blue lights did come on (a single blue light blinking over and over) when plugged into the charger, but the screen did not. Once I figured out what I did wrong, I fixed the wires my speaker sound no longer works, but my headphone works fine. I used my multimeter and I found that the speaker itself is still 8 ohms and is continuous, so it is fine. The problem must be in the amplifier. I remember a number of people saying the blue lights coming on, but not the screen, and also that their sound wasn't working but their headphones were. Sounds like they made the same mistake as me. I'm making this post as a warning to be careful when assembling your Raspiboy and not to ruin your amplifier like I did.

Be careful when assembling guys/gals. Take things slow and don't rush like I did.