Gamepad disconnects after playing ~40 mins

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
shnukms

Gamepad disconnects after playing ~40 mins

Post by shnukms »

Hey guys, retroarch pops a notice in yellow below (hard to read) and the gamepad stops being responsive. Anybody have a solution?

I can't continue playing as all controls stop. Where my only option is to reboot via ssh.

I've taken it apart and ensured the gamepad connection is secure. My assembly method is exactly like ETA PRIME's on his YouTube video. I did try to place the gamepad wires on either side of the battery but still the same issue.

:oops:
Admin
Administrateur du site

Re: Gamepad disconnects after playing ~40 mins

Post by Admin »

That's something I never encountered!
What retropie do you use? Is it fresh install from retropie website?
I don't know how to take this problem as it seems to be software
shnukms

Post by shnukms »

thank you a fresh install is working so far
shnukms

Post by shnukms »

I spoke too soon. It is back. I have emailed Pierre. :cry:
UphillWater

Post by UphillWater »

shnukms wrote:I spoke too soon. It is back. I have emailed Pierre. :cry:
I got the same problem, but for me the problem is solved by simply connecting my other USB controller waiting for a few seconds and then taking it out again. sometimes I have to do this multiple times, but it always ends up working... at least so far.
bissimo

Post by bissimo »

I'm getting a similar error. My gamepad works only intermittently. Many times it doesn't show up on boot, then if it does show up, it stops working within 10 minutes of playing.

I've loosened the screws and checked my installation to see if anything was amiss. All looks good.

Not sure if it's connected, but the audio has stopped working. It worked for a couple of days, then just stopped. No changes were made and I can still hear white noise. No audio settings make any difference.
shnukms

Post by shnukms »

UphillWater wrote:
shnukms wrote:I spoke too soon. It is back. I have emailed Pierre. :cry:
I got the same problem, but for me the problem is solved by simply connecting my other USB controller waiting for a few seconds and then taking it out again. sometimes I have to do this multiple times, but it always ends up working... at least so far.
Your best bet is to notify Pierre and ask for a replacement. I have that same workaround but it won't last long and will come back sooner and sooner. Waiting for a replacement takes a long time almost 2 months for me.