Configuration screen very hard to read. Faulty screen ?

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
Guillaume WERLE

Configuration screen very hard to read. Faulty screen ?

Post by Guillaume WERLE »

Hi,

I've managed to assemble and setup my rasbiboy kit but the configuration screen is almost impossible to read...
Also the screen colors are washed out and there's a bit of ghosting like when using a crappy cable.
Is the screen is supposed to look like that ?
https://ibb.co/eAvJmG

Note: I've changed the font size in carbon.xml but this only affect the ROM selection screen, not the configuration screen.

Thanks for your time :)
++Guillaume
Mejos

Re: Configuration screen very hard to read. Faulty screen ?

Post by Mejos »

Have you change the overscan values as shown in the Assembly Guide?

To improve the game selction screens I would recommmend using a TFT Retropie Theme. I can recommend MiniLumi, PixelTFT and GBZ35 which is what I'm using right now. U can download all of those via the inbuilt ES Themes option, or get the from github and transfer them via USB.
Guillaume WERLE

Thanks for the reply !

I've replaced the config.txt with the one provided in the assembly guide and I edited carbon.xml and that's it.
I didn't see any instruction regarding the overscan values.

I've found the themes on github but now I'm trying to figure out how to to copy them via USB.
I've found the filemanager application but I can't find the USB drive is located to copy from it to the themes folder. Is it possible to do it this way ?

Thanks,
Guillaume
Mejos

Post by Mejos »

If you replaced the config the overscan settings should work fine. Copying the Themes is just as easy as copying roms. If you have a setup USB Stick just copy the Theme folder to "configs\all\emulationstation\themes" and plug it into your raspiboy.

Some shots of my screen using the GBZ35 Theme:
Guillaume WERLE

As you suggested I installed GBZ35 and now everything is readable :)
Thank you for your help !
trantornator

Post by trantornator »

I can't find the GBZ35 theme using the theme gallery inside retropie.
When I pull up the theme menu it will only show me the first 35 of those listed on the retropie site. Is there some shortcut to make it show the rest of the list? I scrolled through the preview images and the ones for GBZ35 are there.
Gorion

Post by Gorion »

Hello guys,

I do not know what I am doing wrong. I have my USB stick, from which I also install the roms and it works fine. But when I try to copy the theme via USB stick it does not work at all.

I have put the the folder (es-theme-gbz35-master) into the path "\retropie\configs\all\emulationstation\themes" on the stick. When I plug into my raspiboy, it starts blinking, but no matter what I do, I can not choose the theme in the menu. Neither in the UI settings, nor on ES Themes in retropie. Can anybody help me to transfer the theme via USB stick?