Blue screen when Raspiboy is connected to the TV, Monitor resolution, Font size

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
Gizzmo

Blue screen when Raspiboy is connected to the TV, Monitor resolution, Font size

Post by Gizzmo »

Hey Guys,

a few days ago I got my Raspiboy. Up to now i have tryed all the functions of the kit. It works great!! Even the white noise is very quiet. But now to the two things which I find a little weird:

If I connect the Raspiboy with my TV, the screen of the Raspiboy goes 2/3 blue (bottom) and 1/3 blue-white distorted (top). The device is off bevor I connect it to the TV. Normaly the screen has to go black when the device is connected via HDMI, isnt it?

When the Raspiboy boot up (still connected at the TV) the command line will only show a 4/3 screen. That is not the issue but the whole text (from the command line) will be shown like on the Raspiboy 3,5" display. It is realy hard when I want to edit some settings. As soon as Emulationstation start up the TV changes the screen back to 16/9. I've changed the config.txt with the one that Pierre has provided. I still use RetroPie 4.2 as well.

currently I use the Pixel (normal) Theme but I am not able to increase the font size... I have already exchange every font size valeus to 0.05. No changes ^^.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Chears
Gizz
Knipsknirps

Re: Blue screen when Raspiboy is connected to the TV, Monitor resolution, Font size

Post by Knipsknirps »

Hi there, my internal screen stays in a "powered" mode, too, after switching to HDMI (by powering off, connecting to HDMI and powering on again). It looks exactly like after shutting down the pi via the main menu and before switching the power switch to its off-position. HDMI-output works well, but it is a bit annoying that the internal screen stays lit and flickers in my face.
Does anyone know how to power off the internal monitor completely while using raspiboys HDMI-output?

Ah, and by the way: Merry christmas and a happy new year to all of you from Germany!
zzeb

Re: Blue screen when Raspiboy is connected to the TV, Monitor resolution, Font size

Post by zzeb »

I have the same problem. The screen of the raspiboy is always on when i use external hdmi.
rolle

Post by rolle »

I asked about the screen not turning off when on HDMI from Pierre earlier and here's his answer:
It's normal I have not found ways to turn off the LCD while HDMI is on yet :)

This LCD happens when no signal is sent to the composite-> RGB IC. And the raspberry pi can't display both composite and HDMI at the same time. When HDMI is ON it turns off the composite signal. Thus giving the flickering screen
RomiWadaKatsu

Post by RomiWadaKatsu »

Sorry if I dig up this conversation, but I've noticed the same exact issue with my newly arrived retrostone.

Isn't there a possibility for the portable screen to get ruined if I play for long sessions on hdmi? Problems like burn in are likely to happen if I play for hours while the screen is mostly white
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

We'll have a look for retrostone if we can output black signal or turn off LCD when on HDMI