Finally working! Buttons don't work in games...

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
stoutat

Finally working! Buttons don't work in games...

Post by stoutat »

I finally got my raspiboy together. All buttons work. However, when I go through the controller config in retropie it works. Then I launch a game, say super Mario Bros, then no controls at all. I can navigate my games perfectly and select the them, but when I launch, no control. Ideas?
Admin
Administrateur du site

Re: Finally working! Buttons don't work in games...

Post by Admin »

I think it's specific to this game. Please check on google about this specific rom + retropie + raspberry pi zero, you should find the answer
Smakx

Re: Finally working! Buttons don't work in games...

Post by Smakx »

The best thing to do in most controller problem situations is to reset all controls and reboot the system with your controller plugged in, and you will be asked to remap it.

From the main menu, go into Retropie settings, Retropie Setup, Configuration / tools, emulation station, and then select option 1 "Clear/Reset Emulation Station Input Configuration".

Once you do this your controller will stop working. You will need to plug in a keyboard. Hit f4 to bring up a terminal, then type the following to reboot the pi:

sudo shutown -r now

Once the system comes back up you will be prompted to remap your controller, after which it should start working.