Install theme after installation

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
hym69

Install theme after installation

Post by hym69 »

I have assembled the raspiboy and like it a lot. The only thing is the small characters :-)
I would like to change the theme used, but... is that possible without dis-assembly?

I believe I found some information, about transferring the theme's via an USB-stick. But in cannot get that working.

Any suggestions?
Gorion

Re: Install theme after installation

Post by Gorion »

Hi there,

I was searching in several forums for a way to install themes via usb. After I found out that an "automatical" installation (like putting roms onto the raspyboy) does not seem possible, the only way via usb would be to plug in the stick and try to copy the themes into the right path with the file explorer.

So, I just ordered a small WLAN-Dongle on Amazon and it works very nice. I can install themes due to the wireless internet connection and also copy new roms and install updates for retropie. The dongle also works plug and play.
Pietze

Post by Pietze »

I strongly suggest to get the RaspiBoy online for features like that. It's also very nice to transfer files with FTP software. However, my Wifi-Stick worked but it failed to get into my network. Still don't know why.

I don't understand why Retropie doesn't allow to copy theme with the USB stick. Too bad!
Gorion

Post by Gorion »

Pietze wrote:I strongly suggest to get the RaspiBoy online for features like that. It's also very nice to transfer files with FTP software. However, my Wifi-Stick worked but it failed to get into my network. Still don't know why.

I don't understand why Retropie doesn't allow to copy theme with the USB stick. Too bad!
Jup, connecting the Raspiboy to Wifi makes many things much easier. For those who are looking for a wifi dongle, this one worked plug and play for me:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B003MT ... UTF8&psc=1
rolle

Post by rolle »

For me the easiest was ethernet viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1619
Bosco

Post by Bosco »

I bought the official RPi WiFi dongle and it works great for copying files over to the RaspiBoy. :)

https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/offi ... gIUPfD_BwE
penrar

Post by penrar »

I didn't use Wifi. I took the long and hard route by DL the theme, remove SD, then mounted a Linux volume with Linux File Systems - Paragon Software - pasted stuff straight over in explorer. Genuinely have four spare keyboards. Three wireless that didn't work and one PS/2. Desperate times call for mounting software.