Retroarch causing games to restart.

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
MickeyMacAttacks

Retroarch causing games to restart.

Post by MickeyMacAttacks »

Just assembled my Raspiboy today with great excitement, but after taking a hour to set-up fully, I load a copy of Gunstar Heroes and begin to play just to make sure everything is all in order and then it restarts. Turns out whenever I hold down and B on the built in gamepad, it causes the game to reset from the title screen. I went through and retried to config my inputs via Emulation Station and nothing changes. The restart seems to be caused Retroarch, but being new to all of this, I don't really know how to adjust these settings so this doesn't happen anymore and I can play my games in full without resetting them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
StrangersWrath

Re: Retroarch causing games to restart.

Post by StrangersWrath »

Is it only on this rom? I had a similar issue with Decap Attack, where it was registering multiple key presses when pressing a button. I had to launch that specific rom with a different emulator, which you can do from the run command prompt that launches before the game (press a button and select a different emulator to launch for that particular rom). You could try that and see if that helps?
roostaar

Post by roostaar »

The RetroArch hotkey for ‘Reset’ is ‘Select+B’.

Could the select key be sticking? Or could this hotkey be messed up in some way?

Just a thought.
Pietze

Post by Pietze »

HOTKEY + B is a shortcut for restarting the game. Maybe your d-pad down is pushing the SELECT button as well? (in case you mapped your HOTKEY to select)