Other SD cards not working????

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
SuperSowder

Other SD cards not working????

Post by SuperSowder »

So I got the raspiboy a couple weeks ago and everything was going fine until I decided to try out one of my other sd Cards as I own multiple pi's. I tried to put my 16gb sd card in the pi and it wouldn't work so I formatted it and put a fresh retropie 4.2 build on it. And yet it still wouldn't work, Ive repeated the process with my other two sd's (16gb and 32gb) and same result. They work on the pi 3 and 2 but nowhere else. Is the Raspiboy rejecting the sd cards? Quick Note- The issue is that the SD Cards will boot up and run through the run command text and then stop right when the emulationstaion logo would pop up. It then says "illegal instruction" so I assume its meaning it cant run emulationstation for one reason or another. Any help is much appreciated, Thanks.
greavous

Re: Other SD cards not working????

Post by greavous »

Which version of Retropie are you installing on the SD? The version for RPi 2/3 or the version for RPi 0/1? There are different installers depending on the version of RPi being used. You mention it works on a Pi 2/3 so I guess that will be it!

https://retropie.org.uk/download/