White Screen, Never Used

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
yourgayfather

White Screen, Never Used

Post by yourgayfather »

I have assembled my RasPiBoy, and at first I had a connectivity issue with the lines at the top, but now that is over with.

Now, though, the screen only displays white. I am using a fresh RetroPie image, made for Pi0, and it has been edited as instructed for RaspiBoy functionality. I can't find anything related to this, outside of something called the White Screen of Death, which it can't be because I haven't installed any themes or anything. I haven't even ever seen the linux text at first boot. Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be?
penrar

Re: White Screen, Never Used

Post by penrar »

Got the exact same issue on a kit that was delivered today. Works via HDMI out though. A few more attempts yet... I hope.
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

If the LCD is completely white (not blue and white) it's probably a problem with LCD ribbon connector. Or the ribbon being teared.

If it's white/blue then you can check there : https://www.8bcraft.com/trouble-shooting-faq/
penrar

Post by penrar »

Thanks for the link, will have another try after work. Managed to get some lines at the top of a white screen after securing the latch again but no further yet :)
penrar

Post by penrar »

I'd like to use myself as an example earlier. Read more, do more, try more. Then post. Ribbon cable wasn't as securely in as could be, once it's in there - there's no coming out! Been happily tinkering all evening :)