D-Pad Down Direction

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
Bosco

D-Pad Down Direction

Post by Bosco »

Hi.

I'm experiencing real trouble navigating game lists in RetroPie on account of pressing `down arrow' on the D-Pad invariably reads as right arrow or perhaps right+down arrow? I can see the game I want to launch but pressing down arrow keeps carouseling through the different emulators

The down arrow button is correctly assigned and works fine on lists that have no right/left options.

Anybody had this or a similar problem and can suggest a remedy?

I like the RaspiBoy but can't enjoy it very easily with things the way they are.

Many, thanks.
Gorion

Re: D-Pad Down Direction

Post by Gorion »

Hi Bosco,

have you tried to loosen the srews around the d-pad a little? Several users could solve button and d-pad problems by loosening the screws on the back a little.
Bosco

Post by Bosco »

Hi Gorion.

Thanks for the tip. I will give it a try later when I'm home.

I'm also wondering if I need to open up the case again and check everything is in order. Takes me ages to put the two halves back together again cleanly so will try your suggestion first. :)
Vilikt

Post by Vilikt »

It's true, avoid over-tightening the screws on the side of the D-pad.
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

Please check that the L/R wires are not stuck under the circular shapes that hold down the PCB when casing is closed. This could make extra-pressure.
The casing should be able to close completely without problem.
Bosco

Post by Bosco »

Loosening the screws nearest to the rear of the buttons (half a turn) has fixed the problem. :)

Many thanks for the prompt responses from everyone. :D :D