Spare PCB, Questions..

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
patientzerouk

Spare PCB, Questions..

Post by patientzerouk »

Hi Admin,

First, thanks for this kit - originally I bought it for the case, but its turned out to be such a great device for playing on now that I've fixed the controller issues I had. Using a raspiberry pi zero w has meant I can use a 8bitdo controller as a second player controller, which is great.

I've quite heavily modded my raspiboy - I've replaced the controller board, the buttons and silicon, moved the power slide switch to the top of the case, and the buttons from the back to the front above the speaker.

Is it possible to purchase a spare main PCB, and is it possible to get a circuit diagram or at least a block diagram of the PCB?

I use my raspiboy both as a portal device, and on a TV with HDMI output and the display being on is starting to annoy me. I would like to investigate a method of blanking it, or at the very least switching its input to an arduino to display something else on the screen (like a message or an icon).

I have a theory on how to do this, but don't want to wreck the PCB I have chasing a theory.

Finally, could you give me a run down of which GPIO pins are available on the Pi (aka those that aren't being used) as I would like to add a power button to the system for safe shutdown.

Thanks!
Admin
Administrateur du site

Re: Spare PCB, Questions..

Post by Admin »

Do you have v1.1 or v1.2 or the PCB? If it's 1.2 you have the "lightning bolt" button that is already a GPIO button.

About GPIO you can use any but the 2 that are connected to sound (18 and 13).

Spare PCB can be purchased on the component section of the website : https://www.8bcraft.com/product-category ... omponents/

For the LCD, the AMT630A IC that drives the LCD does not have an enable pin. So if you want to turn off the LCD it will require a way to turn ON/OFF the 5V trail of LCD backlight and the 3.3V rail of AMT630A. That's some really heavy modding.
patientzerouk

Re: Spare PCB, Questions..

Post by patientzerouk »

Thanks for the quick response.

I did some probing on the board, and checked the data sheet and I came to the same conclusion. Im considering having an arduino drive the screen when hdmi is connected but either route is going to require mods. I shall report back!!