Trouble with RetroPie

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
Bosco

Trouble with RetroPie

Post by Bosco »

I used to play with various emulators on the PC. It was pretty easy to get set up and didn't require any technical knowledge.

By contrast, I'm finding trying to play games on my Raspiboy via RetroPie an up-hill struggle and wondered what I could possibly be doing wrong?

Example #1 - GBA
I copied gba_bios.bin to the bios folder and some gba roms (.gba) to the appropriate roms folder. Booted RetroPie, the games are listed but none of them work. They either lock-up on a white screen or return to the games list.

Example #2 - PiFBA
Same deal. I copied the bios and rom files to the appropriate folders, ran the games and they all lock-up at a black screen or return to the games list.

I know this isn't an issue with the RaspiBoy but I figured there would be people on here with experience of getting these, and other systems, to work.

Any pointers or advice welcomed. :)

Cheers.
Bosco

Re: Trouble with RetroPie

Post by Bosco »

Ok, there's obviously compatibility issues with a lot of roms and RetroPie which I'm not getting with equivalent PC emulators.

In the end I searched for `RetroPie Rom Set' and almost all roms I tried worked.

Just a few more issues to iron out but really enjoying the Raspiboy! :D
Vilikt

Re: Trouble with RetroPie

Post by Vilikt »

Hello,

Just in case, you may try some different emulator, specifficaly with the GBA : press A button while you run a game to open the runcommand menu.
You'll be able to select a specific emulator per game and other stuffs.

Actually mGBA is pretty slow with the Raspberry Pi Zero :oops: , but gPSP is nice ;) . Also I noticed that SRAM feature doesn't work well with gPSP and certain games likes Advance Wars 1 and 2 : the srm file is created when you save in game but never loaded when you restart... So you should use savestates.