gamepad recognized in the middle of a game

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
thatonegirlkat

gamepad recognized in the middle of a game

Post by thatonegirlkat »

hey!
I've had my raspiboy since the end of December, and I got it assembled all on my own. (I have very little computer experience.) At first, I was having tons of problems with the gamepad not being recognized.
After getting frustrated, I left it alone for about three months.
My dad had the idea, but I ended up putting a tiiiiiiny amount of dielectric grease on the pins so they would have a better connection between the pcb and the pi 0,and it seemed to solve my problem. However, now, ill get to play a game for about 5 minutes before a tiny yellow text appears at the bottom, and the gamepad stops working. All I can read before it disappears is the word "gamepad" at the end of the sentence. I don't know if anyone else is having the same issue, but I wanted to see what you thought I should do. Also, sorry this is so long but I wanted to be thorough so you could kinda understand what's going on.
Thanks!! 😊
Admin
Administrateur du site

Re: gamepad recognized in the middle of a game

Post by Admin »

Hi !
I think the gamepad might be defective. Can you try with a USB gamepad see if it's the same?
Please contact by email to discuss it further. hello@8bcraft.com
Please indicate your order number and this message in email history.
thatonegirlkat

Re: gamepad recognized in the middle of a game

Post by thatonegirlkat »

hey all!
I just wanted to say that I got my replacement gamepad pcb in yesterday and everything is working like a dream! thank you so much for your help and for being so gracious as to send me new parts @Pierre!! I'm looking forward to your future projects!!
thanks! :)