Freezing while browsing games

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
RTZR

Freezing while browsing games

Post by RTZR »

Dear community,
I am a happy raspiboy user already and was asked by my two cousins to build two for them, too.

The first one of the two did not make any problems. I made a backup of my working SD Card and after inserting an SD and a pi zero w the second device was an exact copy of mine. I did exactly the same with the third raspiboy and after booting it always freezed in Emulationstation. It happens suddenly after browsing three or four times while in an game folder or when pressing yellow and then while switching between the systems with the d-pad.

Now I did the following tests without any success:
1. I deactivated my slight overclock by adding # to every line in the config.txt. It runs very well on the other two pi zero ws (1000 MHz core and 500 Mhz GPU & RAM)- > same result
2. I reinstalled the image -> same result
3. I changed the sd card -> same result
4. I made a fresh image and installed again -> same result
5. I changed the pi zero w -> same result
6. I ordered a replacement PCB, waited some weeks for arriving and changed it yesterday -> same result.

After spending hours on testing I would like to ask you if you have any ideas what could be the reason for this beahivour. The screws already start to fail because of opnening and closing the device so often and I am running out of ideas.... Thank you so much in advance.

Yours,
Nic
WideOn

Re: Freezing while browsing games

Post by WideOn »

a drop of super glue in the screw holes will sort out the theads

works for me

first time hard to installed then after cut new threads all good

hope this helps
RTZR

Post by RTZR »

Thank you so much. That is a good idea indeed.

But how to fix the freezes while browsing games or systems?
WideOn

Post by WideOn »

hi well i had the same problems with old jessie 8 installed 4.2

so i reimaged the sd card with new 4.3 retropie and it fixed all the problems

with locking up when scrolling in games menu but the news 4.3 is harder to find roms that work as robocop is very very slow on 4.3 but on 4,2 is runs alike dream in the same emu :)

I'm just finding it hard to understand what emu are best and what roms are best for what emu

p.s sorry for late reply as I'm working a lot :)

lolololol