screen super blurry in game

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
Thatresolves

screen super blurry in game

Post by Thatresolves »

sort of struggling to see whats going on in my games when im playing, is there a better emulator I could be using ?

I've tried messing around with themes which has helped with the regular menus though this doesn't effect all of the ui sadly.

I'm using the new version from the kickstarter, had a bunch of problems but with a load of googling have managed to solve most of it its just this one last thing really.
is it just because of the screen and if so are there just better ones I could buy online to replace with?
Metalhawk

Re: screen super blurry in game

Post by Metalhawk »

I have the same issue.

I've done some quick searching and it's a 3'5" LCD screen compatible with raspiboy PCB.

Will any screen with the same pin config work? Where can I find the pin config or is it set to a standard for that number of pins?

I'd like to upgrade my screen.
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

Main issue is not the screen quality but the signal being composite. (as we use the composite signal output from the pi zero).
- Main problem is with the fact that emulation station is not designed for small resolution. So lot of texts are too small and will flickers. Using GBZ35 theme will help. Or pixel-TFT theme too.

- in games it should flickers less. In some emulators it seems that there are some artifacts. Changing the emulator might fix those (press A (or X?) while lauching)

Do you have this in specific games/emulator?

Changing the LCD is difficult as the composite -> RGB24(LCD) chip has a firmware based on LCD specs.
One way is to reroot the HDMI signal if you don't want to use HDMI out on a HDMI LCD. Someone has done it on retrostone.
Thatresolves

Post by Thatresolves »

im overall just v unhappy with the project and just want a refund, I understand I'm on the hook for the postage here so give me an address please.