Recalbox

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
screech

Recalbox

Post by screech »

Hi Pierre,

Did you do some test with Recalbox ?

As what I saw, Sound is handled by GPIO... This function is not "compatible" yet... but will be implemented in Recalbox 4.1 (with wiringpi)

It will be nice if you can give it a try ;) (if you have 5 minutes free ^^) just to know if all is OK with this distro ;)
Admin
Administrateur du site

Re: Recalbox

Post by Admin »

Hi,

If truth be told I did not tried yet, lattly I spend a lot of time in design and very little actually playing..! But I don't see how there should be compatibility problem with Recalbox as it is working on pi zero.

For the audio output, it is the equivalent of the audio headphone connector in other raspberry models. In fact you can get PMW0 and PMW1 in raspberry pi zero through the GPIO and adding some hardware you can get the same audio output as other raspberry.

I'll try to give it a try in the coming days!
screech

Re: Recalbox

Post by screech »

I think all will be good too ;) (video is ok, Controler with usb is ok,...)

The only "matter" is the audio part I think... In recalbox 4.0 the sound isn't well handled by gpio. You need to use wiringpi (and it's not by default in 4.0)

But the 4.1 is really near to be released and wiringpi is in it ;) so before february (when you start sending RaspiBoy) the Recalbox 4.1 will be already out ;)

It's just to let you know : If you try right now with 4.0 sound "maybe" not work with GPIO, only with HDMI ;) (but it's not a dead end ;) like I say, all will be good before february)

again, great thanks for your work ;)