ROM Location Request/Problem

Please check here for help solving common issues.
ThunderBoyDavid

ROM Location Request/Problem

Post by ThunderBoyDavid »

Okay... am i missing something?? On the RetroStone I, the OS went onto the SD Card and the ROMs were copied to the Flash Drive.
AND... That's where the ROMs lived... was on the Flash Drive. Anytime You needed to update a ROM or delete a ROM, just pull out the Drive and connect it to your computer. Right? NOW.... with the RetroStone 2.. the Tutorial tells us to put our ROMs on the Flash Drive and then copy them over to the SD Card. PROBLEM!! The SD Card can't hold all that i have. ..... i know.. i could just buy a larger capacity SD Card.., but i'm wanting to Play NOW.. i just got my RetroStone 2 Today.. (01.28.2020)!!!

What can i do?? Buy a larger Mini SD Card? OR cut down the volume of games that i put on the system?
Instead of having 10,000 games in my pocket, just have 5,000 games... Sounds kind of funny doesn't it???
But it does sound like a limitation. i thought with the RetroStone 2 we were buying a system that was faster and better!!!

Please Help!!! Thanks, David, ThunderBoyDavid

Every Fear Hides A Wish
Every Fear Hides A Wish
Admin
Administrateur du site

Re: ROM Location Request/Problem

Post by Admin »

Having the rom folder on the SD card is the default behaviour. It was the same on RetroStone1.

If you want to have your rom library on USB flashdrive, then you need to set it up on retrorangepi. But I think this is supported on RetroStone2. Please ask on their forum if you can't find how to set it up from EmulationStation.