LCD burn-in

Please check here for help solving common issues.
hellroy

LCD burn-in

Post by hellroy »

Hi,

I left my Retrostone 2 charging with the screen on for about an hour and now I have the Amiga logo burned into the screen. :?

Any way to fix this or is the screen hosed forever?

Any tips/advice will be greatly appreciated!
Admin
Administrateur du site

Re: LCD burn-in

Post by Admin »

Hi,
Can you upload a picture please to see what it looks like?
I'm not sure where this problem comes from. I need to discuss about it at factory.
Bebef

Post by Bebef »

I have also seen some faint ghost images when switching from the emulationstation GUI to a black screen. I didn't think too much of it but I'll also try to get a picture of the effect.
Valden

Post by Valden »

I suggest leaving the system alone for a couple of days and then see if it is better. If so, then let it sit longer until the burn is gone. I had this happen to an LCD TV screen of mine from playing a game. I let the TV sit for over a week and when I turned it on, the burn in was gone. Just an idea.
thx1200

Post by thx1200 »

I'm having same issue. I don't even have to play a game very long. I played Super Mario Land for about an hour and had the coin/score count burned in for about a day. It does seem to go away, but then again I haven't had anything static on the screen for more than a few hours. There's also a border/edge lighter than the other.

Are some LCDs defective?
thx1200

Post by thx1200 »

Here is the edge burn-in effect. This comes and goes. Longer I have it turned on, it goes away more. Image
morreamanha

Post by morreamanha »

thx1200 wrote: Sun 1 Mar 2020 04:15 Here is the edge burn-in effect. This comes and goes. Longer I have it turned on, it goes away more. Image
I have this exact same problem! and it appeared out of nowhere! Also my WiFi doesn't work, the Bluetooth also doesn't work and if I connect a controller all the inputs stop working and I have to reinstall the OS. so yeah, I've been having a few issues.
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

morreamanha wrote: Sat 18 Apr 2020 03:38 I have this exact same problem! and it appeared out of nowhere! Also my WiFi doesn't work, the Bluetooth also doesn't work and if I connect a controller all the inputs stop working and I have to reinstall the OS. so yeah, I've been having a few issues.
You mean that before you did not have this burn-in effect and it appeared one day? Any things you did differently? Like charging and playing at the same time or connecting/disconnecting charge cable several time or anything unusual? It would help us finding root issue here.
Also is the burn in permanent for you? Or does it disappeared after?

Regarding the wifi/bt they need to be enabled, have you followed retrorangepi instruction? As they changed behaviour on this between all the latest versions it might have to do with the version you're using and the instructions you have followed?

For the controller it sounds like a software issue. You connect USB gamepads right? What is the model of gamepad? Can you ask on retrorangepi forum about it?
morreamanha

Post by morreamanha »

Admin wrote: Mon 20 Apr 2020 10:55
morreamanha wrote: Sat 18 Apr 2020 03:38 I have this exact same problem! and it appeared out of nowhere! Also my WiFi doesn't work, the Bluetooth also doesn't work and if I connect a controller all the inputs stop working and I have to reinstall the OS. so yeah, I've been having a few issues.
You mean that before you did not have this burn-in effect and it appeared one day? Any things you did differently? Like charging and playing at the same time or connecting/disconnecting charge cable several time or anything unusual? It would help us finding root issue here.
Also is the burn in permanent for you? Or does it disappeared after?

Regarding the wifi/bt they need to be enabled, have you followed retrorangepi instruction? As they changed behaviour on this between all the latest versions it might have to do with the version you're using and the instructions you have followed?

For the controller it sounds like a software issue. You connect USB gamepads right? What is the model of gamepad? Can you ask on retrorangepi forum about it?
so, I was able to resolve every issue after a reinstall and some tweaking except one, I still can't use my controller. my controller is a wired Xbox One controller. thanks for the help!
Aradia

Post by Aradia »

Bonjour;
Je rencontre aussi le même problème de brulure et de persistance d'image sur l'écran avec ma RS2.
Par exemple j'ai essayé de configurer à l'aide du mapper dosbox les touches de contrôle sous dos pendant environ 30 minutes... Résultat, l'écran est resté marqué d'un quadrillage qui représente le clavier virtuel dans DOSBOX, pendant plusieurs heures. Rien de grave, tout c'est effacé le lendemain.
J'ai aussi exactement le même problème avec mon GPI Case, à une différence près, le GPI case coûté deux fois moins cher que la RS2. Au prix de la console, je pensais l'écran de la RS2 bien plus robuste.
Globalement cela n'est pas dramatique, mais il faut juste gardé en tête que l'écran semble fragile, il qu'il ne faut pas trop laisser d'image fixe sur l'écran pour ne pas avoir de problème.
Toutefois je me pose une question, pendant le développement de la console et celui de l'OS, n'avez-vous pas vous aussi rencontré ce problème de brulure et de marquage avec l'écran ?