Power on/off, reboot - desired behaviour?

Please check here for help solving common issues.
Bebef

Powering on / power button, reboot

Post by Bebef »

Hi everyone!

Powering on the RP2 takes a long time. Sometimes I have to hold the power button for >10 seconds for it to turn on. All in all the time seems to be quite random. However, I'm under the impression that it's quite a lot quicker if I have just shut down the RP2 and try to turn it on again. Is this the normal behaviour?

Also, rebooting doesn't work. It just shuts down the RP2 and I have to power it on manually.

Cheers
Bebef
Bebef

Power on/off, reboot - desired behaviour?

Post by Bebef »

Hi everyone!

To power on the RetroStone2 most of the time I have to hold down the power button quite some time. I haven't timed it, but it's somewhere in the 10s region (or even more) most of the time. However, sometimes it will take only 2-3 seconds to turn on the RS2. Is this normal?

On the other hand, powering off is way to easy IMHO. A slight touch of the power button when turned on and the RS2 will shutdown almost immediately. I'd rather had to hold the power button a few seconds to turn it off. A dialouge asking if you really would like to turn of the RS2 would be perfect of course. ;)

Rebooting doesn't work at all. If you e.g. issue sudo reboot in the console, the RS2 it will simply shut down and you have to manually power it back on.

Just asking if this is the desired behaviour (or, maybe for lack of a proper update, at least the expected behaviour for now)?

Cheers
Bebef
Sakib

Re: Power on/off, reboot - desired behaviour?

Post by Sakib »

Hi,
Withing 2-3 seconds this should turn on the blue light on left, however for complete boot this will take 20seconds +- ..
Sakib

Re: Powering on / power button, reboot

Post by Sakib »

There is some software issue, and rebooting happening for that which will get fixed soon on update.
Bebef

Post by Bebef »

OK, so what's wrong when it takes >>2-3 seconds to turn on? Like I said, sometimes it's just a few seconds, sometimes it's >10 seconds...
Bebef

Post by Bebef »

Hm, from what I can say the power button might be slightly broken. If I not only press the button until it "clicks", but as hard as I can, it seems to turn on in seconds every time.

Any thoughts on this?
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

I think you put your system to sleep rather than shutting down.
Sleeping is not supported yet so I'm unsure how the system behaves, but it's likely that's why the on:off switch doesn't work sometimes.
If you want to be sure that the system is turned OFF (when button doesn't work for instance) remove the battery and put it back. Doing so will cut power and make sure system is turned off.