"I have received mine" thread

Present yourself, make suggestions, tell what you think of the project, ask your general questions
greavous

Re: "I have received mine" thread

Post by greavous »

Received mine today. So far so good.

It took a few attempts to get the casing together initially. Once it was the screen was flickering so i just kept tightening the screws(didnt go to hard on them initially after seeing people saying about threading) and the flickering stopped.

Got pixel tft downloaded as the theme and after a bit of messing around got the shoulder buttons working. I had to make sure the pin on the silicon pad is on the pin on the inside of the plastic button as it kept slipping into the gap in the hollow of the button.

I would say that the shoulder buttons are a bit too close to the back of the case. A bit more space there would make it alot more comfortable!

Edit: sorted out the shoulder buttons! Forum post appear to no longer need to be verified as well!
mlk

Post by mlk »

Got it, but I have a black screen. :(

It boots (checked on the PC), but the LCD does not work. :(

Nor alas does the L button. :/ The wiring on the PCB side is broken. I'll have a go at re-soldering it.

Not being usable while charging or support for hot swapping the HDMI is a little disappointing, but I can accept that.
RetroJack

Post by RetroJack »

Well, having started this thread 6 weeks ago, I have finally received mine! Better late than never
vorkheftruck

Post by vorkheftruck »

After a month at customs i got mine as well :) sadly i got 1 dead pixel and some times Raspiboy wont start up after i push the power check button, but i love it!!
bigredsign

Post by bigredsign »

Just got mine. Putting it together was very easy. My built-in gamepad is not recognized but all the connections and solder points look ok. Using an external USB gamepad works. I used it to get to the menu but the built-in did not work.

Any other tips would be appreciated. Other than that it looks great and seems to be functioning well.
schalk27

Post by schalk27 »

Its Aaaliiiive!!!!!!!!
I think i know now how Dr Frankenstein did feel when he first pulled the switch :D
Well as mentioned, my RaspiBoy just arrived yesterday.
I had everythnig ready (Zero 1.3) and was following the YouTube Video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2ZsJX6UcY4). The only thing in the Video is, that the color of the Buttons are aranged wrongly! :shock: ;)
Well it was quite easy to put the whole thing together and it took me about 20min. It was a great feeling pulling the start switch and seeing everyting going as planed :D
After that i loadet all Handheld ROMS i have prepared and startet to play with them! :D

So my impressions are that it is a great Handheald made from a Fan for the Fans!!! Thank you very much!!!!!

What i dont like is that there is no basic System already on theSD Card! But i found in the Net a basic System made just for the RaspiBoy.
But now i must find a way to increase the font size because i cant read the Game Titles...
Also i almost cant hear a sound with Headphones... First i even though its not workeng ;) So i must find out to increase the sound Level of them. The Speaker sound is by the way very good!

So thats my experience of my RaspiBoy. I think i will buy another one for a good friend of mine.
Maximizer

Post by Maximizer »

My one is in customs i hope its going well 8-)
M-ACE

Post by M-ACE »

Maximizer wrote:My one is in customs i hope its going well 8-)
When did you order yours? Are you getting the new revised v1.2 PCB?
Erol

Post by Erol »

Would be interesting to know if I order now, what version of PCB would be delivered ?
Erol

Post by Erol »

If I place an order today which version of the PCB will be delivered?