Assembly Tips

Present yourself, make suggestions, tell what you think of the project, ask your general questions
thexter

Assembly Tips

Post by thexter »

During my build, I had issues getting the L & R buttons to work. Since i had a lot of practice reassembling the RB, I thought i would post some lessons learned in assembling the RB.
also, for those that are interested, I am using a pi0-W and I am not having any issues with the LCD.

1. Update their RetroPie system prior to installing the pi0 into the RaspiBoy
The battery has drained on me twice trying to update the RetroPie packages with a fully charged battery both time.
2. Use hot glue (or Sugru if you have it!) to fill in the button cavity between the post and short side of the L & R buttons.
3. Trim the glue flush with the button when the glue drys, (flush also makes it easier to install)

The filled L&R buttons makes assembly a lot easier!
5. Lay the RaspiBoy with the screen face down on the table (flat)
6. Place the L & R silicone pads on the game pad half of the enclosure
7. Making sure the L & R buttons were fully open (out,) hold the other half of the enclosure above and parallel.
8. Align all of the posts and install "straight" in.

With the silicone pads on the bottom half, I was able to place the back half directly on the front half without trying to "tilt" everything together.
abocaman

Re: Assembly Tips

Post by abocaman »

Thanks for the tips. I didn't know 'Sugru' I will buy one and I will try it. Thanks!!
thexter

Re: Assembly Tips

Post by thexter »

Here is a not so good picture of the L&R button with the hot glue.
IMG_20170826_084253 (2).jpg
IMG_20170826_084253 (2).jpg (102.63 KiB) Viewed 3995 times