Stand-By Mode

Present yourself, make suggestions, tell what you think of the project, ask your general questions
Paul

Stand-By Mode

Post by Paul »

It takes about a minute to boot the device according to video footage floating around on YouTube. Some kind of stand-by mode would be very useful in my opinion but has never been mentioned anywhere. I often game while I poop and don't want to hold back until Phantasy Star is loaded up.

Could someone please explain if there is some kind of low-power mode? Do you just leave it on or can you turn off the screen and throttle the CPU? This looks so awesome especially since it seems to automate most tasks (copying stuff from thumb drives, grabbing art work online, etc.) and its non-nintendo emulators should run better than those on a (hacked) 3DS.

This thing looks so charming and retro, I really want one! Also it's a handheld designed in France, which extra awesome (regards from Germany! :D)

Paul
dh04000

Re: Stand-By Mode

Post by dh04000 »

Send this idea over to the Retropie forums. No one here can help with this great idea.
kEnder242

Post by kEnder242 »

Is there already a way to turn off the display, driven by the 8bcraft PCB, for some sort of sleep mode?
Pietze

Post by Pietze »

True, this sounds like a job for the Retropie Team.

But this is a really important feature, since every modern handheld has this. At least you can config every emulator with the auto-save on exit and auto-load on launch, so that you can leave a game quickly without hassle. We would just need a SELECT + Down (or something like that) from the Retropie menu for a stand by mode which turns of the screen and ignores unwanted button presses.